Friday, August 20, 2010

Bad Star Trek Fan Film

As hard as it is for me to admit and confess, there are some bad Star Trek Fan Films out there. Take "A Tale of Two Galaxies" for example. These fans are trying but the costumes do not fit, the graphics are poor, acting unbelievable and the story of Darth Vader battling Star Trek characters is just silly.

I appreciate Star Trek (and even an occasional Star Wars) fan film efforts when there is something interesting and fun to show with quality and believability. This is not one of them.

Another bad film I am sorry to say is the latest release of the Star Trek New Voyages (now called Phase II for some reason). This episode "Blood and Fire" pushes a gay relationship right in our face. I am not anti gay but I also do not enjoy it being overly displayed. Even Kirk did not receive as much action as Kirk's nephew does in this fan film.

The Fan Film forum also seem intent in removing all discussions that reflect disappointment against the overly flaunted kissing and gay scenes. I can only hope that subsequent episodes are better presented.

No comments: